Tuesday 6 December 2011

Parking - Do you have the Gift?

 I don't know if it was luck, skill, or a secret that he never passed on, but my father had a gift for parking.  In a busy mall parking lot he would just drive up to the front door and find his spot. 9 times out of 10 if there wasn't an empty space,  someone was backing out in time for him to drive right in and park.
  I don't remember him doing laps around the lot searching for an empty space, stalking people as they walked to their car, or sitting in gridlock waiting for cars to pull out. But I do it myself all the time.
 Even if I decide to park on the outskirts and walk - I take my life in my hands. Many drivers can't see a empty parking space and pedestrians at the same time.
  I have cracked the "Get a parking spot by the door thing". It's the gift of the online mall. I buy things through yhoti.com at home, and the delivery truck comes to my front door.
 I can find better things to do than stress-out in a Mall parking lot.
yhoti

No comments:

Post a Comment